THE PURPOSE OF THE DTS
1. To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God’s heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
2. To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one’s relationship with God resulting in Christ-like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God’s Character, the Cross and empowering Grace.
3. To SHARPEN one’s ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
4. To further EQUIP each one to serve God’s purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor and to influence all areas of society.
5. To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
Lecture weeks consists of various subjects taught by teachers from across the world. The DTS curriculum includes topics on the Gospel, the Holy Spirit, God’s Word, Intercession, Spiritual Warfare, Relationships, Hearing God’s Voice, God’s Character, Evangelism and Missions. Students are required to attend these classes from each day during lecture weeks apart from Fridays.
Creative Elements of the DTS:
Creative Fridays during each Lecture week will be reserved for joining your chosen creative track. Each track has a track leader who is responsible for leading the track activities which can also happen on an evening during the week. Some Fridays the track leaders may invite speakers to inspire and teach. Some Fridays there may also be collaboration between tracks.
There are also two Creative Weeks and three Creative Weekends:
First Creative Week – Jan and Ragnhild Huse will teach on the Art and the Artist in God’s perspective. They will teach on the Artists role in Society as a prophetic voice.
Second Creative Week – a visiting lecturer will engage students on God as a Creator and how to create with God. We have always had a variety of excellent teachers.
Creative Weekends – these weekends will be facilitated by Jan and Ragnhild Huse and will invite artists who are already working in their chosen field. The aim is to inspire younger artists to see what is possible but also to find connection and seek the Lord together. These weekends have a lot of performances, workshops, interviews with artists and time to fellowship together.
Click here to download the Creative DTS schedule 2019-2020
The year consists of DTS teaching weeks covering the curriculum according to University of the Nations course IDS 701. Each subject is taught by different teachers from all over Norway, as well as from abroad.
1. God’s Nature and Character (Encountering God)
2. God’s Intention for Individuals, Peoples and Creation (Seeing all of life from God’s perspective)
3. God’s Redemption: Sin and the Cross (Recognizing Jesus as Lord)
4. God’s Family: His Children and His Church (Becoming more like Jesus)
5. God’s World: His Call and His Commission (Doing the works of Jesus)
6. YWAM: A Response to God (Knowing God and Making Him Known)
Staff and teachers
Jan and Ragnhild Huse
Jan and Ragnhild have been discipling artists for two decades. They founded the Creative DTS in 1998 which was the first of its kind. They have a passion to see artists released to co-create with God and deeply impact society. They have been pioneering Arts gatherings, various events and been instrumental in launching of the Creative DTS in YWAM Lonavala, India.